Champlin’s roots run deep in Cincinnati. After the leaders of the three-generation firm that was started in 1895 decided to leave the profession, two prolific architects within that firm took the helm: Russ Champlin and Bob Haupt. Champlin/Haupt Architects, Inc. was started in 1978 and the newly formed firm kept the commitment to the Cincinnati region and continued the tradition of excellent architectural services.
As the firm continued to focus on civic, healthcare, higher education, workplace, and worship clients, steady growth ensued. Both the size of the projects and the number of staff grew rapidly throughout the 90’s and continues today. After a rebranding process in the 2000’s, a new name was decided upon: Champlin Architecture. Our core principles and firm vision continue to build on our past success and ingenuity, resulting in creative and innovative work for clients. Champlin remains committed to the legacy on which it was built.
Today, Champlin is thriving in several areas across the region with a headquarters in downtown Cincinnati, and offices in Dayton, Ohio; Indianapolis, Indiana; Lexington, Kentucky; and Toledo, Ohio, and we continue to take pride in providing our clients with the creative design services and commitment to top notch service that has kept us in business for more than 100 years.